It never gets old. I love receiving the notification that someone has registered with Fretish. It feels equally good when someone requests to list their musical gear on the platform. Being the world’s largest peer-to-peer music instrument sharing service means your gear will be seen by qualified musicians looking for short term rental (or outright purchase).
But, once you’ve joined and listed your instrument(s) on Fretish – which is completely free to do – are there any steps you can take to increase the visibility of your listing? Absolutely! Here are just a few of the recommended steps to take once your listing is live:
- Tell your friends about your listing on Fretish, in person and via email.
- Check sites like Craigslist to see if anyone is asking to borrow or purchase an instrument just like yours. Reply to their ad letting them know you have just the thing and include a link to your Fretish listing.
- Share your listing on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest.
- Create a demo video of yourself playing the instrument and post it to YouTube with a link to the Fretish listing. Conversely, you can now embed that YouTube video into the description field of your Fretish listing so people can actually hear what it sounds like. See this example.
- Like and tweet other instruments on Fretish to grow visibility on social networks.
Have any other suggestions? Send us a note to let us know.